Birnie Bus Service Operations Manager position available In Port Byron, NY!
Under limited supervision, plan, direct, and supervise the work activities, customer satisfaction, profitability, and the day-to-day operations and management of a branch. This office position will identify profitable market segments and business opportunities. Secure new customers and maintain current customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for a minimum of 125 vehicles generating $6.5 million in revenue.
- Actively solicit new business while maintaining current customer base. Analyze and develop competitive advantages including financial, service-related, and fleet costs.
- Secure incremental revenue by marketing charter opportunities outside of the main revenue contract. Assist in preparation of tenders/bids by developing bid work-ups and analysis and participate in the bid process.
- Direct day-to-day operations within the framework of the company’s Operations Excellence Program by overseeing scheduling, routing, billing, payroll, inventory control, maintenance, and other activities.
- Attend meetings of school board, school visits, and acts as company liaison with various governing bodies and/or key influences where appropriate. Handle problems concerning students, parents, school officials, and employees. Maintains contact with customers ensuring identification of needs and overall enhancement of service levels.
- Reviews and monitors operations, communications, and relations with customers in areas of dispatch performance, driver training, and performance, routing, and safety matters. Creates and maintains a strong customer relations emphasis for the districts with school and school board officials. Identifies and breaks down barriers or obstacles to efficient delivery of services, developing objective tools to measure performance, and customer service levels.
- Communicate with employees regarding site and company goals, objectives, and policies.
- Oversee administration and compliance with the company handbook and resolve labor/employee issues. Implement programs and initiatives based on sound and proactive employee relations designed to maintain a union-free environment.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports, administer budget, and plan fiscal budget within scope of responsibility. Analyzes site financial statement, reviewing variances, and implementing action plans. Control site financial matters reviewing and approving invoices, billings, driver payrolls, and accounts receivable.
- Ensures that maintenance and safety meetings are occurring and ensures that follow-up and completion of issues are identified.
- Analyzes competitive advantages or disadvantages of competitors, including financials, labor, and fleet costs. Creates such analysis tools so as to measure site performance against both customer needs and competitive abilities. Inputs and recommends on customer service and marketing initiatives.
- Hires, coaches, and provides day-to-day supervision to staff and drivers. Ensure that recruitment and selection practices conform to company policy and employment legislation. Participates in establishing performance and other goals, monitors performance, and conducts annual performance and salary reviews. Administers employee recognition programs. Provides for training as may be required including initiatives for personal self-development.
- Monitors employee turnover and proactively manages staff requirements. Conducts exit interviews to determine cause of turnover and rectifies issues requiring attention.
- Ensure that equipment is safe, clean, and dependable. Recommends and justifies Capital expenditures for site and shop. Coordinates mechanical and yard repairs with shop supervisor and body shop and other repair facilities.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of industry practices and trends, Department of Education, Department of Transportation, and statutory requirements, environmental requirements, Labor Codes, Employment Standards, Human Rights Acts, Health and Safety, and Workers Compensation as they relate to the site operations.
- Ensure site compliance with all safety training, standards, and requirements.
- Coordinate activities with local media, public, and community relations events and issues.
The requirements listed below are representative of the abilities needed to perform the essential function of this position in both an office and field environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of management experience a service environment including operations management.
- Basic Accounting.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are required.
- Relationship-building and value-added selling skills are essential.
- Communicates effectively orally and in written form. Obtains and then passes on information to appropriate individuals.
- Computer literacy including development of spreadsheets and word documents, tracking data and generating reports.
- Works well as part of a team; systematically encourages and supports others.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Having or obtaining a CDL with P (passenger) and S (School Bus) is REQUIRED within 6 months of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
OVERVIEW OF KRAPF BUS COMPANIES:
Krapf Bus Companies Vision: We will provide the best passenger transportation anytime, anywhere. Krapf is serious about service and safety. We are one of the largest private, family-owned school bus contractors in the U.S. In addition, Krapf has transit, paratransit and charter lines of business. Founded in 1942 with two employees, Krapf has grown to thousands of employees in multiple states. Krapf Corporate Headquarters is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania.